Saturday, 19 September 2015

I made the first 24 hours and it is now day 2 with quitting smoking.

I managed to wear a nicotine replacement patch for 24 hours and just applied a new one. I actually applied the first one to my left upper arm at 10:29 PM Friday evening and took it off and applied a second one to my right upper arm at 9:00 PM on Saturday.

I had a really bad craving mid-day where in the past I would have smoked. The thoughts that happened in the past would be like this, "I will just have one, then go for another 18 hours without, and then have another one. Addictions don't work this way and today I did not have one when that brutal craving happened. Instead, I rode it out today figuring it would become less intense in a limited and small amount of time, which it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment